Skip to main content

That's Our Zoe

So there are a number of fun and entertaining things that Zoe does now which, no matter how many times she does them, they always make us laugh. In adding to her repertoire, the other day when we were eating lunch at Wendy's (referred to as the "fry fry house") she was relaying a story to me about eating there with Cheryl. She told me that Cheryl said she didn't eat two chicken nuggets. Now, this in and of itself was not funny. What was funny was that when she told the story, she raised the pitch of her voice when she was quoting mommy. I asked her to say it again, which she did and while I was laughing at this, I pulled out my phone and started recording. I caught a little bit of this, but it is sad because it's not as good as the original delivery.


I can't wait to hear her do this more. I'm also not sure where she got this from because I don't recall doing that in front of her, so maybe she got that from Joe Pop. Who knows.

Speaking of Joe Pop, the last time we were up at their house Zoe requested that I get "her guitar" off the wall so she could sing some songs. Again, I was able to capture a little bit of this with my phone and post it so that it can be shared with you.


Needless to say, the girl has many talents. There are a few other things I have that I'm compiling for another post, which hopefully I'll be able to make in a few days. This includes her jumping on the bed like one of those monkeys with inner ear problems as well as some pictures I took of her for a photography class I'm taking. Until then, enjoy the videos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris - Day Five: Louvre, More Gardens, Photobooths, Macaroons, Love

Today was scheduled to be a somewhat random day. We didn't have anything specific we were planning to do, meaning no pre-purchased tickets, but a number of stops to make and things to see. The first stop on our list for the day was a photobooth that was out near Moulin Rouge. It was in a giant, open gallery space where there were people dancing and vendors selling food. We found the booth and took a few pictures. Right near the booth there was an old trailer of some sort that was converted in to a little library. Since Zoe loves books, even if they're in a language she doesn't read, she went in and browsed the selection. She then said she'd like one of these for our house back home. We'll see what we can do. She didn't actually take the book with us, but she wanted to pose with it. At this point it was time to get something to eat, so we hopped on the Metro and took it to Cafe des 2 Moulins, the restaurant from the movie Amelie. The food was great, the...

Girls Night Out Dance

Zoe has her first dance at school, the Girls Night Out Dance, where she brought me as her date. It had been quite some time since I was at such a formal affair, but thankfully I was still able to squeeze in to my suit. Zoe looked as gorgeous as her mother with her fancy clothes, her makeup, and the big bow in her hair. We took a few pictures before we left for the dance, just to capture the moment. I drove us over to the school, and we arrived right on time, beating the crowd. A few of Zoe's friends were there, and before they turned the lights off, I took one, not-so-good, picture. It is nice to know that, as time goes by, some things never change. There was very little dancing for the two of us at the dance. She was very interested in the snacks (treats), the lights that were on the tables, but mostly in the pull up bar at the back of the gym. She spent a solid 15 minutes moving around gym mats so she could stand on them and hang from the bar. Other kids came and went,...

Big Girl Tubbie

This past weekend, Cheryl and I went away and left Zoe with Mimi and Joe Pop. Apparently everyone had a great time. We're super glad that Zoe got to spend so much time with her grandparents, we're incredibly thankful that they watched her for the long weekend, plus, we were just happy to get away by ourselves for the first time in 17 months. That being said, I have no pictures of Zoe from this past weekend (shame on you Mimi!) However, tonight Zoe took her first bath in the actual tub. Up until now, we have been bathing her in her little whale tub because, well, she still fit in it. I think she may like the big tub even better, but I'll let you decide that for yourself. There are a few more pictures, so be sure to check out Zoe's set on Flickr. I'm looking forward to more tubbing in the future. We'll see what the rest of the week has in store.