Skip to main content

Braids, Secrets and Witches

It wouldn't be accurate to say that Zoe is obsessed with hair, but she does like having her hair braided. She also wishes she had hair down to the floor, but I'm not sure that will ever happen. The other day Cheryl gave Zoe some very nice braids.



I don't recall how long they lasted, but she looked super cute while they were in. Then, while at Wendy's, Zoe had some secrets to share. I was more than happy to listen.



Of course, all of the secrets were just varying fart noises directed right into my ear, but it was still very entertaining. Finally, we were going to school when Zoe found a stick shaped like a Y on the ground. She has been watching the movie Coraline a lot recently and so I asked her if she was a water witch. She just stood their and smiled.



Of course, Coraline doesn't have a binky, but that okay. Hopefully, some day, Zoe won't have one either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris - Day Five: Louvre, More Gardens, Photobooths, Macaroons, Love

Today was scheduled to be a somewhat random day. We didn't have anything specific we were planning to do, meaning no pre-purchased tickets, but a number of stops to make and things to see. The first stop on our list for the day was a photobooth that was out near Moulin Rouge. It was in a giant, open gallery space where there were people dancing and vendors selling food. We found the booth and took a few pictures. Right near the booth there was an old trailer of some sort that was converted in to a little library. Since Zoe loves books, even if they're in a language she doesn't read, she went in and browsed the selection. She then said she'd like one of these for our house back home. We'll see what we can do. She didn't actually take the book with us, but she wanted to pose with it. At this point it was time to get something to eat, so we hopped on the Metro and took it to Cafe des 2 Moulins, the restaurant from the movie Amelie. The food was great, the...

Girls Night Out Dance

Zoe has her first dance at school, the Girls Night Out Dance, where she brought me as her date. It had been quite some time since I was at such a formal affair, but thankfully I was still able to squeeze in to my suit. Zoe looked as gorgeous as her mother with her fancy clothes, her makeup, and the big bow in her hair. We took a few pictures before we left for the dance, just to capture the moment. I drove us over to the school, and we arrived right on time, beating the crowd. A few of Zoe's friends were there, and before they turned the lights off, I took one, not-so-good, picture. It is nice to know that, as time goes by, some things never change. There was very little dancing for the two of us at the dance. She was very interested in the snacks (treats), the lights that were on the tables, but mostly in the pull up bar at the back of the gym. She spent a solid 15 minutes moving around gym mats so she could stand on them and hang from the bar. Other kids came and went,...

Big Girl Tubbie

This past weekend, Cheryl and I went away and left Zoe with Mimi and Joe Pop. Apparently everyone had a great time. We're super glad that Zoe got to spend so much time with her grandparents, we're incredibly thankful that they watched her for the long weekend, plus, we were just happy to get away by ourselves for the first time in 17 months. That being said, I have no pictures of Zoe from this past weekend (shame on you Mimi!) However, tonight Zoe took her first bath in the actual tub. Up until now, we have been bathing her in her little whale tub because, well, she still fit in it. I think she may like the big tub even better, but I'll let you decide that for yourself. There are a few more pictures, so be sure to check out Zoe's set on Flickr. I'm looking forward to more tubbing in the future. We'll see what the rest of the week has in store.