Skip to main content

Daddy Stop, More Again

The other night Zoe stayed with my parents while Cheryl and I celebrated 6 years since we first met. When my mom dropped her off last night, we were both really glad to see her again. For those of you who aren't aware, Zoe highly favors her mommy over her daddy, but ever so slowly she has been opening the door and getting closer to me. Last night was a perfect example. After Mimi left, and Cheryl was in the kitchen getting a bottle, Zoe and I were sitting on the couch (at opposite ends) and she turns to me and says, "Daddy, I sit next to you." After her bottle came, she was even find with me picking her up and laying her on me while we watched her sing-a-long songs video.

I have a tendency to kiss Zoe, a lot. My reasons for doing this are varied, but it is mainly so that she knows I love her. As we were getting ready for bed, I did my usual routine, which involves me kissing her in the cheek/neck region. She seemed to be enjoying this, so I would kiss her arms and belly as well. Apparently the latter would tickle her so much that she would gasp out a, "Daddy stop!" between laughs, only to demand, "More again!" when I was done. Thankfully Cheryl was able to catch a little bit of this.


I assure you that the actual experience was much better and she squealed much more. This probably isn't the best way to get a kid to settle down before bedtime, but she certainly seemed to enjoy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris - Day Five: Louvre, More Gardens, Photobooths, Macaroons, Love

Today was scheduled to be a somewhat random day. We didn't have anything specific we were planning to do, meaning no pre-purchased tickets, but a number of stops to make and things to see. The first stop on our list for the day was a photobooth that was out near Moulin Rouge. It was in a giant, open gallery space where there were people dancing and vendors selling food. We found the booth and took a few pictures. Right near the booth there was an old trailer of some sort that was converted in to a little library. Since Zoe loves books, even if they're in a language she doesn't read, she went in and browsed the selection. She then said she'd like one of these for our house back home. We'll see what we can do. She didn't actually take the book with us, but she wanted to pose with it. At this point it was time to get something to eat, so we hopped on the Metro and took it to Cafe des 2 Moulins, the restaurant from the movie Amelie. The food was great, the...

Girls Night Out Dance

Zoe has her first dance at school, the Girls Night Out Dance, where she brought me as her date. It had been quite some time since I was at such a formal affair, but thankfully I was still able to squeeze in to my suit. Zoe looked as gorgeous as her mother with her fancy clothes, her makeup, and the big bow in her hair. We took a few pictures before we left for the dance, just to capture the moment. I drove us over to the school, and we arrived right on time, beating the crowd. A few of Zoe's friends were there, and before they turned the lights off, I took one, not-so-good, picture. It is nice to know that, as time goes by, some things never change. There was very little dancing for the two of us at the dance. She was very interested in the snacks (treats), the lights that were on the tables, but mostly in the pull up bar at the back of the gym. She spent a solid 15 minutes moving around gym mats so she could stand on them and hang from the bar. Other kids came and went,...

Big Girl Tubbie

This past weekend, Cheryl and I went away and left Zoe with Mimi and Joe Pop. Apparently everyone had a great time. We're super glad that Zoe got to spend so much time with her grandparents, we're incredibly thankful that they watched her for the long weekend, plus, we were just happy to get away by ourselves for the first time in 17 months. That being said, I have no pictures of Zoe from this past weekend (shame on you Mimi!) However, tonight Zoe took her first bath in the actual tub. Up until now, we have been bathing her in her little whale tub because, well, she still fit in it. I think she may like the big tub even better, but I'll let you decide that for yourself. There are a few more pictures, so be sure to check out Zoe's set on Flickr. I'm looking forward to more tubbing in the future. We'll see what the rest of the week has in store.