Skip to main content

10 Weeks Already?

10 weeks ago today Zoe was born. It's hard to believe that so much time has gone by already. Thinking about it, how it has been a while, but not really that long, it seems like a blur, but as I sit here working on her baby book, trying to decide which of daddy's memories to share, things are coming back. Like how the first movie Zoe and I watched together was Die Hard, which may have been highly inappropriate, but it was edited for TV and she slept though most of it. Then there was the time I was changing her in the hospital with the assistance of Becky (Aunt Viento) and Zoe pooped on me for the first time.

Ahhh, memories.

Anyway, this past Sunday we went into New Hope to meet Orly and Anton. It seemed like a great idea at the time; however, it quickly dawned on us that on Sunday, New Hope is a crowded place and probably not the best place to bring a newborn. Regardless, we still had a great time. Zoe got to sit with her dad in the shade as well as droll profusely all over his arm.



While I have been at home, John had been visiting with Zoe, Cheryl and me. On Tuesday night he actually came by and watched Zoe while Cheryl and I went out for a quick dinner nearby. The two of them had a great time just lounging on the couch watching TV. Sadly, there aren't any other pictures, but needless to say, Zoe had a good time.

Along with all of that, Zoe turned 2 months old on the 15th. I had tried to take the pictures that day, and then the following weekend, but the lighting and weather never seemed to work out. I did finally manage to get a couple of good shots this week, which have been posted to Zoe's set and which you can see here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris - Day Five: Louvre, More Gardens, Photobooths, Macaroons, Love

Today was scheduled to be a somewhat random day. We didn't have anything specific we were planning to do, meaning no pre-purchased tickets, but a number of stops to make and things to see. The first stop on our list for the day was a photobooth that was out near Moulin Rouge. It was in a giant, open gallery space where there were people dancing and vendors selling food. We found the booth and took a few pictures. Right near the booth there was an old trailer of some sort that was converted in to a little library. Since Zoe loves books, even if they're in a language she doesn't read, she went in and browsed the selection. She then said she'd like one of these for our house back home. We'll see what we can do. She didn't actually take the book with us, but she wanted to pose with it. At this point it was time to get something to eat, so we hopped on the Metro and took it to Cafe des 2 Moulins, the restaurant from the movie Amelie. The food was great, the...

Girls Night Out Dance

Zoe has her first dance at school, the Girls Night Out Dance, where she brought me as her date. It had been quite some time since I was at such a formal affair, but thankfully I was still able to squeeze in to my suit. Zoe looked as gorgeous as her mother with her fancy clothes, her makeup, and the big bow in her hair. We took a few pictures before we left for the dance, just to capture the moment. I drove us over to the school, and we arrived right on time, beating the crowd. A few of Zoe's friends were there, and before they turned the lights off, I took one, not-so-good, picture. It is nice to know that, as time goes by, some things never change. There was very little dancing for the two of us at the dance. She was very interested in the snacks (treats), the lights that were on the tables, but mostly in the pull up bar at the back of the gym. She spent a solid 15 minutes moving around gym mats so she could stand on them and hang from the bar. Other kids came and went,...

Big Girl Tubbie

This past weekend, Cheryl and I went away and left Zoe with Mimi and Joe Pop. Apparently everyone had a great time. We're super glad that Zoe got to spend so much time with her grandparents, we're incredibly thankful that they watched her for the long weekend, plus, we were just happy to get away by ourselves for the first time in 17 months. That being said, I have no pictures of Zoe from this past weekend (shame on you Mimi!) However, tonight Zoe took her first bath in the actual tub. Up until now, we have been bathing her in her little whale tub because, well, she still fit in it. I think she may like the big tub even better, but I'll let you decide that for yourself. There are a few more pictures, so be sure to check out Zoe's set on Flickr. I'm looking forward to more tubbing in the future. We'll see what the rest of the week has in store.